Saturday 15 June 2013

Stacking the Shelves & The Sunday Post (15th June)

 
STSmall_thumb[2] 
Hi everyone!! thank-you so much for stopping by my blog today.

The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews

It's a chance to share what has happened the past week, showcase books and other bookish things we have received and talk about what is coming up on our blog.

The below books are what I have received over the past few weeks, some I have already read and reviewed others I am really excited to start on.

(Clicking on the title will take you to Goodreads)

Received for Review

The Academy, Game on by Monica Seles - YA
Stung by Bethany Wiggins - YA
Transcendence by C.J. Omololu - YA
Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed - Adult Contemporary
The Athena Effect by Derrolyn Anderson - YA
Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken - YA
Resilient by Patricia Vanasse (book tour) - YA
Banish by Nicola Marsh (book tour) - YA

(A very BIG thank-you to Netgalley, Bloomsbury Publishing Australia, Harlequin Teen Australia, Disney, J.C. Reed, Candace Book blog & Derrolyn Anderson)

   The Academy: Game On Stung Transcendence    
Conquer Your Love (Surrender Your Love, #2) The Athena Effect (The Athena Effect, #1) Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard (Zoe & Zak Adventures, #1) Resilient Banish

Purchased

Feudlings (Fate on Fire) by Wendy Knight
Dead Silence (The Body Finder #4) by Kimberly Derting

Feudlings (Fate on Fire, #1) Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)

This past week

Book/author Spotlight - Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed
Review - Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Waiting on Wednesday - Made of Stars by Kelley York & Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
ARC Review: Darker Days (The Darker Agency #1) by Jus Accardo
Book/author spotlightWaiting for the Storm by Marie Landry
ARC ReviewTruly, Madly, Deadly by Hannah Jayne

Currently reading

Taking on the Dead by Annie Walls

Taking on the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #1)

What bookish goodies did you receive this week?

33 comments:

  1. OOh very nice!! Only one I am familiar with here was Dead Silence and like every Kimberly Derting book in this series, it was awesome! Hope you enjoy it along with all your other reads!

    My STS will be up on Sunday, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I am a big fan of everything by Kimberly Derting, I hope to start on Dead Silence this week :)

      Delete
  2. Feudlings! I did the line edits on that book. I really enjoyed it. The second book, Feudling in Flames, is out in August and I'll have a giveaway for it in late August.

    You got a lot books, I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bea, I enjoyed Feudlings, it was a nice debut; I'm keen to read the next book.

      Delete
  3. I'm so psyched for Never Fade after how The Darkest Minds ended! I hope you love it! Also, enjoy Stung! I read that one a few months ago. It has such a cool idea!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ashley! I must admit, I can't really remember The Darkest Minds so I'm going to have to do a bit of a skim read ;) I hope to start on Stung soon.

      Delete
  4. Very nice haul. Dead Silence has such a great cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a great haul. I always wanted to read Taking on the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of zombie books but I'm really enjoying Taking on the Dead.

      Delete
  6. Awesome haul! I'm an old follower :)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover for Transcendence is awesome! So many choices, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially didn't add Transendence to my TBR pile because the cover put me off (I love my covers ;) so I'm really liking this one.

      Delete
  8. Love all these pretty covers!! I haven't read any of them yet but they look amazing, have a great week reading!! :)

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa I love your different covers! If I may, I highly recommend you read Stung first - it is soo amazing and fast-paced and just awesome.

    Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to follow your recommendation & start on Stung as soon as I finish my current read :)

      Thanks Emily!

      Delete
  10. I am an old follower. You got some really good books this week. I hope you enjoy your new books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I love the Body Finder series, but still need to read this last book. I checked out The Darkest Minds this week and am excited to read it. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, I hope you enjoy The Darkest Minds! :)

      Delete
  12. Awesome haul, Sharon! I actually hadn't heard of a few of these before, so I'm going to have to check them out. I hope you enjoy them! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    My book haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, when I received a few of these books for review I didn't recognise them as well, the US & the Aus covers can be so different :)

      Delete
  13. Taking on the Dead is one I need to still read. I hope you are liking it so far!
    Here are my newest additions from this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, I am not a big fan of zombie books at all but I'm really enjoying Taking on the Dead! thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. Great haul! Happy reading :)

    bloglovin' follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul. I hope you enjoy them. I love Dead Silence, it is definitely a fantastic series.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenea, I hope to get to Dead Silence this week :)

      Delete
  16. Resilient looks awesome and I still need to read the Darkest Mind :) Great haul! And thanks for stopping by!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janina :) Resilient sounds great! I hope you get to read The Darkest Minds.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  17. I have got to start the Reed series..yum. I totally loved Taking on the Dead, in fact it made my top ten adult reads in 2012! Enjoy and have a wonderful week! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)